|Posted by CU Optimist Club on September 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM|
Next meetingBoard meeting 5:30- prior to dinner!
Thursday, September 17th 6:00 pm, Perkins Family Restaurant
August 20 Meeting Jim opened the meeting with the pledge and Mason offered the prayer. Elaine Carter, Case Manager from Children’s Advocacy Center, was our guest speaker. She shared the mission of the center. The Center allows for taping a young victim’s statement in order that they do not have to continue to tell a story that is traumatic to relive.
Announcements• We received a thank you from Champaign Park District for our contribution to the Kaufman Lake fishing dock.
• Our club will have an ad in the UHS fall sports program advertising our C-U Optimist Club.
• Andrea Lynch, Laura’s daughter, is off to college at Blackburn College in Carlinville, IL.
• Jim & Carol Manley celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary.
• Joyce is Lt Gov of our zone and was elected Finance Chair of the Illinois District. Congratulations, Joyce!!
• As a new project, we would like to sponsor a college Optimist Club. A student needs to take 12 credit hours in order to be a member. A college group would require 15 members. We would have to fund the $400 cost to charter this club.
• Christmas trees arrive November 28th at Country Fair Shopping Center.
• Life member dues are increasing to $436.20.
• Door prizes were won by Elaine, Gene and Andrea.
Upcoming Events September 17 Board Meeting Perkins 5:30 pm
September 17- Dave Grabow- Headstart of Savoy
October 1- Installation of Officers for 2009-10 Kennedy’s at Stone Creek 6:00 pm
October 15 Beth German & Zach Smith, Operation SnowballNovember 5 Camp CoCo- Chris Smith
November 19 Wanda Tracy, Crisis Nursery
December 3 Internet Safety, Joyce Remesch
October 1st Installation of Officers
Kennedy’s at Stone Creek
Includes tax and gratuity
House Salad, Rolls and Butter
Coffee, Ice Tea and Soda
Grilled Certified Angus New York Strip8 oz. grilled to order served with au jus, sautéed mushrooms, grilled vegetables and roast garlic mashed potatoes.
Garlic butter with mushrooms, chardonnay and penne pasta
Rich cream sauce with Asiago, steamed broccoli, carrots and French beans