Since the C-U Optimist Club is a very active club with many projects and two successful fund-raisers, the members must participate for the club to remain successful.
The Board of Directors feel that each member should, besides attending many regular meetings:
1. Work five shifts selling tickets during the nine day Champaign County Fair.
2. Work five shifts during the 15 to 22+ days of the Christmas tree sale.
3. Attend three of the following events: Respect for Law, U of I Disabled Athlete Awards, Oratorical Contest, youth Christmas Party, Youth Challenge Award Program.
4. Participate in three projects: Junior World of Golf Tournament, Archery Program, "Just Say No" baseball game, Fishing Derby, Park Beautification Program, Poster Judging.
5. Serve on a committee when asked.
6. Attempt to find new, interested members.
7. Be an Optimist in your everyday life.